FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2017 skytrax places AC back at #1 in N.A.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 6:33 pm
ridefar

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
That I've experienced? Sometime since 2014 on YVR-SFO. It was basically a cart from Y of everything that's free in Y. Pretzels, water, soft drinks, etc.

I've never seen it on UA for my delayed flights - mechanical delay, and they refused to do anything because it was under 3 hours (2.5). I haven't flown DL enough to comment on them.

Who offers you a drink departing Ontario? Not UA.

I suspect this is largely tax related, though I agree it shouldn't matter.

Certainly not UA.

Certainly not UA.
DL does all those things.

UA some.

AC almost none.

As I said, my point wasn't to slam AC. It was to point out, for those that don't have the opportunity/reason/curse to fly US airlines much that there is a difference. I have said many times that I get really good in flight service from AC. And I do.

Having said all that I find the notion that they are no 1 in NA just absurd. Absurd in the way that the only way you could think that true is if you didn't fly the others. Heck, AC isn't bad. (Well HD TPAC or TATL is, but in NA they aren't bad.) And I can see why if you only flew with them you might think: "Hey, this isn't bad at all!" And most of the things I pointed out are little things. But many little things add up. And I just don't get how anybody that flies a lot on a bunch of different airlines could believe they are no. 1. Absurd.