FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2017 skytrax places AC back at #1 in N.A.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 4:23 pm
ridefar

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
Delta is subject to oversight by a regulatory agency with teeth. Air Canada like other Canadian airlines can still do as it pleases in the Canadian market.
Nevertheless. Let me give an example: when was the last time that AC provided free snacks and water in the boarding area for a delayed flight? I see it all the time from DL and UA. Who offers you a pre-departure drink in J? Not AC. UA and DL do. Who consistently has fresher food served in J meals and Y snacks. Not AC again. Who has cleaner cabins? Who is upgrading their luggage space to accommodate bags placed on their side (even on some older aircraft)? When was the last time an AC FA removed your jacket from the overhead bin and hung it in the closet without being asked? Who has a custom cocktail to choose from (in Y) in addition to the standard beer, hard alcohol, etc.? Whose miles post to your account overnight? Whose app consistently loads all flights booked and not just some of them? Who provides a bottle of water to every pax in domestic J as part of the pre-boarding prep? Who provides both a pillow and a blanket to every pax in J on narrow body aircraft? Who is better at using their app to notify flyers of a delay?

AC doesn't win even one of those comparisons. Not one.

Don't get me wrong. It is not like AC is a 1 and DL is a 10. It is (for domestic Y and J) probably more like a 7 for AC and a 9 for DL and 7+ for UA in my opinion. I am not saying AC sucks and DL or UA is amazing. It is sort of close. But it in the end, it is no contest, and nobody that regularly flies AC, DL, and UA could possibly conclude that AC is the better airline overall. That is just stupid.