FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finding an iPhone 6S with iOS 9.3 or lower on it
Old Jun 24, 2017, 10:33 am
cblaisd
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by murtaza12
You can find one on eBay probably. My cousin wanted a jailbreakable iPhone 5S and he found one that was on iOS 8.4 and already jailbroken, it was a bit more expensive than the ordinary 5S's available on eBay but obviously because it was on a lower OS version.... 10.2.1 or higher) would do fine as well.
Yes, there are some on eBay, but the prices there seem to be higher than is warranted. I've got a Craigslist alert set up and I get one or two hits a day. I always inquire what the exact iOS on the phone is. Most folks say that it's whatever the autoupdate has supplied them.

I'm astonished that anyone lets iOS (or Windows for that matter) auto-update the OS without carefully checking the updates first. Likewise with software; if there is a "notify but don't update" option I'll always take it (in part because I've discovered that some newer versions of software just aren't as good as older ones -- FoxIt Reader, Copernicus Desktop, MS Word).