FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is it really that bad?
View Single Post
Old Jun 23, 2017, 4:02 pm
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
However, Switzerland is one of the most expensive places in the world, and Zurich one of the most expensive cities IME. I've never been to Japan, however.
Originally Posted by C W
I find Switzerland to generally be more expensive than Japan, especially for consumables. I don't have experience around the holidays, however.

And you should go to Japan!!
Switzerland is "cheap" for us as we stay with friends. But while we haven't ever been there in the winter, we have been there several times whereas Mrs. Lee has never been to Asia.

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
I'll be curious to hear reviews on the D1 suites once the A350s are active. My initial impression is that the D1 Suite is nothing impressive - that it's basically the 767 D1 suite with a flimsy "door" on it that DL is branding a suite. The actual seat doesn't even look that great - while the suite has a decent amount of space, the pictures make the seat look small - barely wider than an economy seat. As I said, I'll wait for reviews to come in before really beginning to judge but right now, my impression is that it doesn't appear to be worth paying any kind of premium for.
Me too. Though even if it ends up not being the greatest, I'll probably still try it out just to have the experience, especially since the NRT-ATL nonstop is the same price currently.

FWIW, I'm one of the few that really doesn't mind the 767 D1 seats. And if you trust DL.com specs, they have the A350 seat listed at 22" wide, vs. 20.5" on the beloved 744, and 21" on the 767/777/330. Bed length appears to be smaller (76"-81" range - I wonder which ones are the short ones), but I'm not that tall so it's not an issue for me.

But I really didn't mean to hijack this thread with me booking a trip. So back OT: Yeah! DL redemption rates suck! Rage! :P