FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question: Irregularities with charges for AC tickets not posting to credit card accounts
Old Jun 23, 2017, 2:46 pm
The smallest state

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by FocusGuy
It is very hard for me to call this issue "resolved" since my flight is in 5 days and there still isn't a charge on my cc, 18 days after purchase. But thanks to this forum I got some peace of mind that people with the same issue are actually allowed to fly and then get billed later. That totally works with me.
FocusGuy - I hate to tell you this but you have a couple of things working against you right now.

1/ Air Canada. This company doesn't care in the slightest about you, your issue or your flight. Seriously. You need to call on this until the charge is applied. Those horror stories you've read are all true. Every week there is someone who shows up at an airport and is turned away due to Air Canada glitches, screw ups and mistakes.

2/ Air Canada employees. They don't care in the slightest about you, your issue or your flight. Seriously. They want you off the phone in under 7 minutes. Air Canada has a company culture of passing the buck on bad news. There is another poster who landed in Toronto today from Phoenix and waited by the carousel for his luggage, never arrived. Reason, they didn't put it on in Phoenix. The Phoenix gate agents didn't tell the pax, the FA's didn't tell the pax, the baggage carousel even had luggage on it and a sign saying PHOENIX. 10 minutes later, an AC employee saunters up and announces he is bewildered they are all standing there as no luggage made the plane, didn't they make an announcement? Everyone passes the buck onto the next customer "service" agent.

You need to call AC again and again until it gets fixed. Good luck. You are being introduced to these guys in typical fashion, you are in possession of a ticket, nobody knows whats going on and no AC employees are assisting you.

There are a metric ton of ACbots and ACapologists on here who labo(u)r under the delusion of "my countries name is on that airline, I must defend them". Ignore them at all costs. Assume AC is dangerously incompetent in nearly everything customer service related and act accordingly. As they are a collection of incompetants, you need to remember that they are so stupid they can outsmart you. I know that sounds counter-intuitive but its true. No sane person can actually think of the ridiculous excuses', rules and things they can get up to.

I fly 75-100K a year on this airline and I can tell you that they have some nice people, some rude horrible people and some real dolts.

Finally - You need to be especially aware of "AC SPEAK". Boiled down AC speak is like an optimistic lie with hedging language. "You should be fine, everything looks ok to me is a classic. I think if you get there early enough you can mitigate any issues. You need to pin them down, write down names, constantly call them Judy, Tim, Ranjan or Dallip during the conversation to let them know you remember their names, that is the only thing that can blow back on them and it forces them to answer correctly not guess at stuff.

Good luck, please call AC and your cc company.

Last edited by The smallest state; Jun 23, 2017 at 2:54 pm