FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another CBC article : granddaughter forced to sit in her own pee
Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:46 am
mapleg

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by JustSomeGuy1978
Ok I am going to throw an outside the box thought out here. Why is the current practice to place the biz lavatory at the front of the cabin? Could the lav be moved to the rear of the cabin? Thus in the event that an economy passenger does wind up using the biz lavatory they are not walking past all the biz class passengers?

Is there some essential equipment (wiring, plumbing) at the front of the plane that can not be relocated to the middle? Would this set up use more space than the lav at the front set up?

Why? Because the front is where the business passenger seats are.

Why on earth would you suggest they put it at the back. I am not really interested in sitting in the first few rows and walking to the back of the aircraft to use the lav.

If you put it at the back in economy it has, by default, become an economy lav. Imagine the turmoil when the business passenger walks to the back to use his washroom to find 4 Y pax waiting in line patiently to use it. What's he supposed to say...excuse me, out of my way ..my ticket trumps yours...sorry about that.