FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2017)
Old Jun 22, 2017, 11:13 pm
warrenw

Programs: None anymore
UA78 ICN-NRT delayed due to aircraft maintenance, what really happened is a seal broke in the cockpit on climbout and they had to return to the airport. Since they landed overweight they now need an inspection. 3 hrs delayed as of now.

My parents are on the flight right now, and they've already missed their connection in NRT. FA won't let anyone deplane even though plane is at the gate. This strands my parents in NRT overnight. Both are quite older so an overnight in Japan, for them, makes them really nervous. Can't believe the FA won't let them deplane as they can rebook and make it home same day out of ICN.

Edit: ended up being a 2.5 hour delay. Definitely missed their connection, I called 1K desk to have them look at their reservation and she assured me that they would receive a hotel voucher - I hope that ends up being the case.

final edit: hotel, food vouchers, and rebooked flights were ready on their arrival. I'm glad they were take care of. The only bummer at this point is they were originally booked Y+ on a 787 and they're now on the 77W in middle seats. Really feel for them...

Last edited by warrenw; Jun 23, 2017 at 3:56 pm