FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another CBC article : granddaughter forced to sit in her own pee
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:34 pm
quantumofforce

Originally Posted by Sunny Day
It reminds me one time I was on WJ flight between YXE-YYC-YEG. I am in row 3, with an empty seat next to me, in Plus seating. I am like, oh sweet !!! It comes with free meal and drinks and space galore.

A mom and young son get on at the very end. They go to the back and notice they were not seated together. FA frantically try to ask other passengers to help out so the mom and son can sit together. Crickets. No one offers to move. FA asks again for help the second time. Nothing. I hear the commotion in the back and wonder not a single person wants to exchange their seat? Really? FA walks to the front and I offered to give up my Plus seat for the mom and son. He was like, "Are you sure? You would give up your Plus seat for them?" It is not a big deal. I sit up here all the time and if someone else can be made whole and enjoy this experience and the food and drinks, I am more than happy to sit in the back. Both the mom and son really enjoyed the extra service and being together. They were so appreciative and as was the FA. He came back to offer me food and drinks even though technically I wasn't in Plus seats anymore.

In the end, kindness goes a long way and I can't help but to feel we need more of this than less. We can start with something small....like sharing a toilet.
I like you