FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another CBC article : granddaughter forced to sit in her own pee
Old Jun 22, 2017, 3:57 pm
flyquiet

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Sunny Day
It is only a toilet !!! Let't back this up a bit and think how crazy some of these comments are, never mind this is a child. Do you remember? you were once a child. <snip> If people need to go, it is not the end of world for some of your fellow human beings to share a toilet with you.
Originally Posted by 24left
Did you read the entire thread?

Did you read any of the 700+ comments on the CBC site for the original article?

If you did, you'll find no one had an issue with young Ruby.

Everyone had an issue with Grandma Osmond. It seems that she may have planned her strategy all along - based on her own comments in the CBC article.
Exactly. I have difficulty calling someone that much younger than me "Grandma", but the character I call "the adult party" seems clearly to have had a premeditation of at least using that lav, if not grifting her way into a compensation claim. The choice to require the J lav was not the child's. The adult created the condition under which the child had no knowledge or expectation that there was any toilet else other than that specific lav. To be honest, we only have the adult's word that the child needed to go at that time, or even that the child actually urinated on the seat. For all we know, the adult poured her beverage there. Parties perceived to have deep pockets see lots of grifting.