FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ability to refare multi-carrier ticket may not match on-line fare bucket avail'y.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:43 pm
PaulInTheSky

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
That is standard, you can not change a ticket w/o repricing the entire unflown portion -- it is just the way it works online. That is why the agent said "don't try this at home"
There is no way you can override this or force the system not to do this (online). Agents can.

Additionally there are very strange and opaque rules on fare combinablity that may have been blocking the agents.
If I try to change and reprice the entire thing online, even specifying V/W gave me B/H/E and some ridiculous combinations.

May have been blocking the agents but not us? Oh my...

Originally Posted by Kacee
Absolutely. Very common to bump into these with anything but the most plain vanilla TPAC roundtrip, especially if the itinerary touches TYO.
Weird things:

1. NH metal doesn't show V, but the UA codeshare does for HKG-NRT. When I looked at Expert Mode/EF it's clear the NH metal doesn't show V but UA codeshare does. However, I can change tihs online myself forcing the return to be all in V. If I am asking for NH market and operated, I understood where the agents were coming from, but I wasn't.

2. I could actually have booked the entire thing online myself:
Outbound: WAS-HKG W
Inbound: HKG-NRT-LAX-DEN-YYZ in V

One of the reasons I booked HKG-SFO-DEN-YYZ was because I thought R was there in HKG-SFO but it disappeared, so I moved it to the NRT connections. The .bomb reservation actually showed the final itinerary I wanted online, but two 1K agents kept telling me they couldn't get me to HKG-NRT UA Codeshare in V, which was why I tried and managed to do it online.