FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.(2017)
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:42 pm
moretimeoffguy

It appears Plastiq will still accept visa for my lender as of today (6/22/17)...

Originally Posted by yugi
So far, I'm glad I've ignored the bloggers on this item. Today, 6/22/17, I set a payment to go to my mortgage lender using the Chase Fairmont visa. It processed. There was no block telling me I had to use another card and I see it as a pending transaction on my Chase account. I set up two additional future payments for early July and early August, as I have a mid-August deadline to meet a spend requirement.

@sdsearch, I'm with you. I use plastiq only to meet Minimum Required Spend if I think I may not meet MRS with organic spend.

Am I likely to be good going forward with the two future scheduled payments? Or at least for the mortgage payment for which a check was cut today?

Guess what I'm asking is this: if I get past the outright "no Visa for mortgages" block (as another posted experienced when trying to make a payment), should I expect this to code as a cash advance? I believe my lender showed up as Rent / Real Estate today when it processed--I mean on one of the Plastiq screens.