FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another CBC article : granddaughter forced to sit in her own pee
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:04 pm
capedreamer

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by Sunny Day
"Can I come into your house, grab some food and drink, and use the bathroom?"

That J cabin is not your house. You get a seat in J flying from A to B. Again, this child is not asking to eat your caviar or drink your champagne. That toilet is not yours.
Why do you get the draw the line between what part of the J experience is part of what a J ticket buys you vs. what part isn't?

And ownership is irrelevant. By your logic, if I book a single room in a hotel, should I be allowed to just walk into the Presidential Suite and tell its occupant that (s)he doesn't own the room; the hotel does?

How is a child walking by using the Lav "disturbing you"? If she does not talk to you, how is she disturbing you? Were you not once a child?
People pay more money to fly in a smaller, quieter, more exclusive cabin. Maybe they need the peace and quiet to do work, or maybe they just want to feel special. Again, they paid for it so it's their prerogative. If they don't want to deal with Y passengers walking by them all the time, I think that's understandable.

Would you have a problem if there is only one toilet that is working in Y for 100 people back there and some of them have to come up to use the Lav in J?
I'll repeat my post from earlier:

Originally Posted by capedreamer
FWIW, I strongly support the curtain + sign approach. Simple, unobtrusive, unobjectionable.

Will an exception still be made from time to time for real emergencies? Sure, and I have no issues with that.

My frustration is when carriers like AC don't announce or enforce anything in this regard consistently. Then you tend to see one person come up front, followed by another, and then another... Do I blame those pax? Not at all. I blame the airline / crew for not setting expectations upfront.
When I gave up my Plus seat for that mom and son, instead of feeling "why should I give up my seat, if they want to be seated together, darn it, they should pay for it". I got off the plane feeling happy and positive. Again I am not advocating J passengers to give up their seats but show some humanity when it comes to sharing your toilet.
That was your decision to make and good for you! But what's your point? Everyone should be more like you?