FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ability to refare multi-carrier ticket may not match on-line fare bucket avail'y.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:23 pm
PaulInTheSky

Ability to refare multi-carrier ticket may not match on-line fare bucket avail'y.

So I got this taken care of this morning:

1. WAS-HKG in W
2. HKG-YYZ in V

Knowing HKG-SFO doesn't have R space available, I called up to make a change to HKG-NRT-LAX-DEN-YYZ.

1st agent: Point-to-Point hm...It would be B for the return, and $4kUSD more of the fare.
Me: I just pulled up the fare with that particular routing in V 30min ago.
1st agent: Well you booked it so close to departure, so both directions would have to be booked in B.
Me: I could see the routing I wanted in W and V exactly 30min ago.
1st agent: Let me try again, HKG-NRT without V.

HUCA...

2nd agent: Doesn't seem like HKG-NRT has V for UA codeshare.
Me: I can see it in the UA expert mode, V9, isn't it right?
2nd agent: We are using a different system, but bottom-line is ANA doesn't have V in this fare.

Hanging up.

I got fed up and tried to change it myself.

BAM! I got it HKG-NRT-LAX-DEN-YYZ all in V, but outbound WAS-HKG was moved to S, even though I forced the system not to change the outbound!

Partial refund to be credited as ETC.

Calling...

3rd agent: Couldn't use the partial refund because the itinerary only takes one form of payment. Have to charge me a new amount with the CC, can't use the partial refund.
Me: I tried to change it online myself but for some weird reason for the WAS-HKG was changed to S.
3rd agent: Maybe next time you can call us to do that for you.
Me: With all due respect I called before but agents couldn't find HKG-NRT in V..

Verdict:

1. Four calls, including the last one with ANA confirmation number.
2. Can't apply GPU online. Error thrown out to when I tried to select the seats.
3. Agents blatantly made up story of how the pricing algorithm works.
4. Mess systems. I can get it online while the 1K agents can't.
5. Partial refund as ETC yet couldn't be immediately put back to the original PNR.

What a mess.

Last edited by PaulInTheSky; Jun 22, 2017 at 1:04 pm