FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another CBC article : granddaughter forced to sit in her own pee
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:06 pm
24left
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Sunny Day
No it seems to me on this forum that J passengers seem to have more problem with this than Air Canada. How is a child walking by you to a lav disturbing you? What is so distasteful about sharing a toilet with a Y passenger?
Did you read the entire thread?

Did you read any of the 700+ comments on the CBC site for the original article?

If you did, you'll find no one had an issue with young Ruby.

Everyone had an issue with Grandma Osmond. It seems that she may have planned her strategy all along - based on her own comments in the CBC article.

She also admits to not planning properly and having the foresight to consider that it might be wise to have extra pull-ups/diapers, change of clothes etc.

You may not like your perception here that there is a sense of entitlement, but I would suggest, as others have upthread, that you've missed the point and it isn't about depriving non-J pax of using the J lavs.

You might not like the fact that J pax pay more to sit in an exclusive cabin. That is what AC and other airlines offer.

I fly plenty of transcon Y. I know the rules and unless a FA specifically directs any of us to use another lav for whatever reason (Y is out of service etc), I am quite sure we will use the lavs in the cabin in which we are seated.

Debate this all you want.

Airlines sell F. Airlines sell J. Airlines sell misery in the back of the bus. If you listen to the words of airline execs, they are just providing what pax are willing to buy.

Period.

Last edited by 24left; Jun 22, 2017 at 12:14 pm Reason: spelling