FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another CBC article : granddaughter forced to sit in her own pee
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:05 pm
JustSomeGuy1978

Programs: air miles
Originally Posted by Sunny Day
I don't think when 150 people are cramped into a small confined metal box for 4 + hours together, we should be so hung up about letting your fellow passengers use the business lav. Seriously. Where is your humanity? It is only a toilet !!! Let't back this up a bit and think how crazy some of these comments are, never mind this is a child. Do you remember? you were once a child.

I was on a A321 in Y this week, full plane, 3 Lavs for all of Y to use. One of them was out of service for the whole 4 hour flight. That left 2 Lavs for all the Y passengers. The bathroom line ups were nonstop. The chaos between food carts, buy on board, drink service, garbage collection, toddlers walking. If people need to go, it is not the end of world for some of your fellow human beings to share a toilet with you.
If grandma was advised at least one time on her 3 previous trips to the lavatory that she could not use the biz class lavatory than that should be enough for her to realize she should be using the lav in the rear, regardless of any error made by her travel agent. Why is it ok to willfully disobey the FA? I am willing to bet that grandma was denied access to the lavatory on the last attempt because the FA was frustrated at having to repeat herself to grandma.