FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need advice for what to do at MSP for 3 hour layover
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:08 am
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You can visit both SCs at MSP. They're very different in style. The one at C has a self serve bar while F/G seems to have more food. Unfortunately no showers, but C has a little room for changing clothes.

I agree that the time is too short to visit MOA. Similarly for the soon to reopen NWA History Center.

MSP F&B is generally pretty good but IMO you should wait and enjoy your D1 meal shortly after takeoff. You can do the express version and have everything served promptly on a single tray.

You can only SDC at the end of international tickets but YMMV.
I don't think I'm going to try SDCing anyway, I don't want to risk missing my flight with that short of a layover and I don't know the layout of MSP anyway.

I didn't know they were opening a NWA History center. I may have to arrange a long layover at MSP sometime just for that.

I may just check out the two skyclubs. I am surprised MSP doesn't have showers seeing it is a hub. I don't really care about a shower there on this trip anyway since I'll use the arrivals lounge at LHR to shower and change.