FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need advice for what to do at MSP for 3 hour layover
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:06 am
Klimo

Originally Posted by BenA
3 hours is maybe just a little too short to leave the airport, unfortunately. MSP is pretty big to navigate - the layout is bizarre, kind of like a giant box, so going from one corner to the other is burdensome. And the security checkpoints can back up (although CLEAR probably helps some with that.)

At four hours, though, I'd say going to the Mall of America is feasible. It's a 13 minute ride that departs every 10 minutes by light rail each way, so that's ~50 minutes total in transit. Add 30 mins to navigate MSP, 20 mins for security and 40 mins before your flight to be present for boarding and you get 2h20min spoken for of your 3 hour layover. The remaining 40 isn't enough to do much meaningful with, but 1h40 would be...
Not to hijack, but I have a very similar situation coming up in 2 weeks. MKE-MSP-HNL-LNY.

I have 4 hours in MSP. There is a connection with just under an hour delay, but if I have any slight delay at all I risk really screwing up my travel plans.

I have AMX Plat fo the lounge, but 4 hours in a lounge is even a long time.

Any other words of wisdom other than MofA?