FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need advice for what to do at MSP for 3 hour layover
Old Jun 22, 2017, 9:16 am
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Need advice for what to do at MSP for 3 hour layover

In all the years I've flown with NWA and DL next week will be my first time at MSP.

I have a three hour layover at MSP Thursday on a DTW/MSP/LHR flight (was the only flight that day I could get a GU confirmed). There is a later flight out of DTW to MSP but the GU inventory wasn't available on it and not sure if I can SDC on a domestic portion of an international or not and it would only give me 50 minute layover at MSP so that would be cutting it close even if I could SDC.

When I booked it wasn't a big deal because I was planning on spending the time at the Escape lounge but as my luck has it they stopped taking PP a few days ago and are only accepting Am Ex plats for entry

I see there is a train at MSP. Would that be enough time to take the train into the city or take an Uber/Cab to Mall of America or someplace in MSP?

I've been to MSP before and would like to see the city but not sure if three hours is enough time but three hours is a really long time to spend at the airport anyway.