FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complimentary Newspapers at T5 gates have moved
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:12 am
Jordan D

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by CCayley
Well it's not clear whether there has been any change of practice, but even if there has, so what? Providing newspapers for use on board is one thing, but why on earth would anyone imagine that BA should be obligated to furnish their reading materials for when they are on the Piccadilly Line after their flight...
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Exactly! I had always regarded these newspapers as intended for people who were about to fly rather than those who had just disembarked. If you look at the placement of similar newspaper racks at other airports or by other airlines, that would seem to be a consistent intention across the industry. That doesn't mean that I haven't sometimes taken one on disembarking at T5, but I can't see any grounds for complaint about a change.
To be honest, I was noting their change of position - I often grab the papers in the lounge at T5, but if I do, I find it easier on the bridge whilst I'm stood waiting to board, than at the top of the escalators where I'm more likely to walk past them.

As for the arrival point - it was a sidebar, in relation to the faintly ridiculous cost cutting decision by BA to remove them from outstations. Which was stupid.