FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada introduces zoned boarding
View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2017, 9:54 pm
flyquiet

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by jc94
I thought a "*" meant board last. That's what they've announced before at the gate anyway. Not that that indicates they knew what they were talking about even if it was a domestic airport.
Per the wiki post, * is preboarded. I've posted before that it's not just wheelchair requests. The zone * arises from inputting information at the time of booking that requires accommodation.

Of course, I would not know what they announce at the gate, since NOTHING they announce at the gate is EVER made accessible to me.

I always have * and always pre boarded, same as wheelchairs, though sometimes they separate wheelchairs and children, and in some of those cases, I am lumped with children, but usually with wheelchairs. Occasionally, there are multiple deaf people, as well as people with walking sticks and similar non-wheelchair accommodations, and all are summoned to preboard with wheelchairs.

I want the prerogative that comes with my status, if not pre boarded.

They do a mediocre job of paying attention to status when also marked up as a passenger with disability. My last flight, I was seated and the FA came over and crouched in the aisle and spoke to me across the lap of the SE seated next to me, addressed me by name (though "Ms" not "Dr") and asked me "have you flown before?" (I should have said "what does it say on the passenger list?")