FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada introduces zoned boarding
View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2017, 8:35 pm
flyquiet

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I have noticed most GAs enforcing the Zone 2.5 when they try to board before or with Zone 1.

Quite often the family with toddlers who are not I just Zone 1 butt in front of the Zone 1 line and then get asked to wait for after Zone 2 when they are called.
Originally Posted by canadiancow
AC also has a special line for those people. It's after zone 2, and before zone 3

It infuriates me to be dumped in with waiting babies while every other J/status passenger is boarding.

It seems domestically, * is before 1, but internationally (or maybe big aircraft) board 1, 2, *, 3, etc.

The trouble is, they have not the first clue how to communicate with deaf passengers. They're standing there at a desk with tons of paper and pens and they're flapping their lips at me and pointing in a dismissive manner as though I am to go stand near a distant chair with people already occupying it. WRITE me a note and tell me what the boarding sequence is. If they told me it was going to be 1, 2, *, 3... I would just go and stand in Zone 2.

I wish they would put the "pre boarding marker" (zone *) AND the proper status/COS zone on the BP.