FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread
View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2017, 7:24 pm
ExpertFlyer Voice
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Globaliser
I see this quite frequently on BA fares, typically (in my personal experience) on those which are Dual Inventory Fares and which are therefore sometimes private to some extent. (BA has not been consistent with this while it's been experimenting with these fares, or its approach has evolved over time.)

For example, if you do a fare search now for LON-JFK-LON on BA on 15 July out and 15 July back, selecting "Show Fares for All Travel Dates", the lowest fare is listed as TQX4S4T1F/DIF4 at GBP 390.00. If you click the icon for fare rules, you get a page that simply says "no entries". There is some routing information for this fare, but it's in a format that's not typical of standard BA fares.

If ITA will price using these fares, then it will return full fare rules. So I'm not quite sure what the glitch is, although (as I say) I suspect that it may be something to do with the fact that they may be private to some extent (judging by the "THIS FARE IS VALID FOR A SPECIFIED ACCOUNT CODE. CONTACT CARRIER FOR DETAILS" rule, obtained from ITA).
That's not what 3544quebec was referring to.

Also we fixed that issue by changing where we get the BA fare data from, just make sure the BA is the only airline specified in the Fare Information search.