FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using BA status to gain lounge access
View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:59 am
trueblu

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by Deltus
I've never done it, but I've heard from previous threads that you can add your status-holding FF number to your booking first, and enter the lounge based on that. After you're in the lounge, you can change your FF number online (I gather the Finnair website is good for this), and then the flight will credit to the updated FFP.

As I said, I can't guarantee that works, but might be worth a try.
This can be hit and miss...and if it credits to the wrong FFP, then having to have the TPs/ miles returned from BA and then to AA can be a real pain.

To the OP: I'm presuming you are flying in economy, since otherwise lounge access would be included?

Another possibility is to do a "platinum challenge" (not sure if they still do them, but I think they do). If you are indeed taking regular DFW-PVG flights, even in economy, should be able to make plat status reasonably quickly.

To be honest, the AA lounges are not that special...and I wouldn't personally risk faffing about. If you have an Amex plat charge card, the Centurion lounge at DFW is significantly better in most respects than the AA offerings (although the biscuits and gravy in the Flagship dining for OWEs are pretty scrumptious).

tb