FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat Recline Etiquette
View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:42 am
ltfly

Programs: Miles and More, IHG, ANA Mileage Club, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by Globaliser
That sounds like another way of asking "How can anyone bear to fly in economy?" Yet somehow, hundreds of thousands of people do it every day without suffering any ill-effects.

No changes will ever come to economy that will make any significant difference in the context of the numbers you're posting about. Some extra pitch? It's going to be a few more inches/cm at most. Some extra width? Even less than that.
In fact, I do travel in economy, only, long haul included. What I meant is that I find the seat pitch in economy really uncomfortable, and I'm giving figures to show how it works and affects passengers.
So, I am not surprised to see how a reclining seat can really affect someone's already too small space. As you say, Globaliser, we cannot hope for significant changes in seat pitch, unfortunately.
Yet, I would be happy to see regulations that impose a more reasonable minimum pitch than we have now, because as long as there no regulations, airlines can go as far as they want in further reductions.