FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread
Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:12 pm
mnredfox
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RealHJ
Sadly that is very common, especially as of late. If it is really available (if EF so shows, and if MU is actually showing accurate inventory to EF & DL), not sure how and if anyone at DL can still get it done. They'd likely need to use the command-line res system and not the badly broken GUI one to even try to do so, may need to do it as long-sell, which agents are generally forbidden to do nowadays.

All I can say is HUACA and try a few times, but don't hold out much hope for it. The last few months very few if any MU available awards can be booked, and DL is clearly disinterested in finding and fixing the problem.
Agreed, my experience too. What is even worse is I tried to book two tix in J. EF showed availability. Even the DL engine showed availability to book two tix. When the DM line tried to book they could only confirm 1 in J (O class). Was able to confirm one in Y (X class) for same price. Go figure.

Old school advice is to do long sell like RealHJ says. But recently I had a situation where a long sell worked. Ticket was reissued but when agent refreshed screen she said the seat showed back unconfirmed even though ticket was reissued. She said she didn't feel comfortable leaving it that way as she was afraid MU would just cancel the reservation out and I would be SOL.

Sadly this is again another NOT_SO seamless ST experience. Per RealHJ, Delta is clearly aware and has NEVER cared to fix this. Booking on ST partners with DL miles is the most horrendous experience to be had with FF miles (I've used my AA and UA miles was easier). DL clearly has no interest in fixing it and simply instead wants people to believe what a great program the Skymiles program is.

My advice, just keep trying. Hopefully something will work out.

Lastly, if you can, try to book on KE, CZ, or CI. MU has the worst YQ fees out of all the Asian partners.