FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]
View Single Post
Old Jun 20, 2017, 9:10 pm
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Thanks raffles. And I'd agree that it would be a total no brainer to take advantage of Amb status for the upgrade even if it was the slightest increase in room size but I thought that simple Amb weren't eligible for that upgrade at check in on reward stays.

I don't think the important person in our household wants to spend $$ on club access as she wants to spend more time out and about in Paris so that part isn't as important to us. But even a very small room upgrade would be huge to us so I guess I've got to make a decision fairly soon.
NO HURRY !, you can always purchase Ambassador membership at any IC hotel during checkin.
(IC-PLG tends to upgrade Ambassadors even on award nights anyway)

IC's have membership sales targets, so ask politely during checkin something along the lines "If I buy Ambassador now, what room upgrade might I get".

Asking during checkin means you know you will be getting upgrade else you don't buy on the checkin day, plus because hotel has sales targets, IC-PLG may provide you a nicer room that buying online before the stay, eg an external view rather an inner courtyard view.