FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2017 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Jun 20, 2017, 9:33 am
Mergetrip

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I am currently quoted £335 for 20k Avios. I've taken a screen print if you need it.

I think the email is reasonable. I would add a 16 day deadline in there, "after which time I will consider my options without further notice". Personally I would go MCOL rather CEDR on this, their track record in 2-4-1 isn't good.
Two disappointing emails from BA this afternoon in response to my email w.r.t. the Amex Companion Voucher on the return leg.

Email 1 as follows:

Dear Mr XXXXX

Thank you for getting in touch with us in regards to your American Express Companion Voucher.

I have checked your booking and can see that you flew flight BA0644 on 20 May 2017. As you flew part of your booking, I'm afraid we are unable to reissue Companion Voucher XXXXX to your account.

I'm sorry I could not be more helpful but thank you for choosing British Airways.

Best regards

XXXXX XXXXX
British Airways Executive Club

Email 2 as follows:

Dear Mr XXXXX

Thanks for your emails.

As previously advised, if you have any further questions about your American Express Companion Voucher, I would advise you to speak with the Executive Club on 0844 493 0747. I'm afraid Customer Relations don't have access to the systems to address the problems with your voucher. I apologise for this.

I raised bank transfers for your expenses and EU compensation on 15 June. These can take 3-5 working days to clear into your account, excluding weekends.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us. Please don't hesitate to use the blue link below if I can help with anything else.

Best regards

XXXXX XXXXX
British Airways Customer Relations Executive

So it looks like BA won't be crediting the Amex 241, nor providing the equivalent number of Avios (being 20k Avios).

Do the experts on here think that this is worth pursuing with MCOL (for the equivalent cash value of £335) and that I have a strong case?