FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy on board: Experiences and reactions from BA's shorthaul economy service
Old Jun 20, 2017, 9:06 am
Littlegirl

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by pa31pilot
Hi,
Only use BA short haul for leisure flights within Europe and therefore always used my own cash for CE class travel. Not any more.
It used to be the case that the club cabin seat pitch was such that any row was acceptable and provided adequate legroom. Now, with the revised seat pitch I have no chance of getting an acceptable seat within the CE cabin without being gold at any price. Middle seat being vacant is for me is hardly a bonus to me and does not rate as additional space and as a business class cabin has anyone successfully been able to use a laptop even if the seat in front is not reclined?
Therefore, I'm now booking EZ on the basis that if I have to fly in economy class to secure a front row seat, or just an extra legroom seat, at any cost, I don't need to use BA. The premium service I was willing to pay for is not there in the cabin for me at least. I doesn't matter how good the meal is, or the champagne, if there isn't an acceptable seat available at any cost at the time of booking. However, if forced by circumstances to use BA again it will obviously be Y and they won't extract any cash from me for BOB. They'll just have to clear up the mess I leave behind from my take-a-way from Prets.
Easy seats are slimmer width wise as their aircraft have a wider aisle than BA's
This is good for boarding and moving past the trolley but it does result in less wide seats.