FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seriously? "Jack and Diet Dr Pepper." Is that even a thing?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 8:55 am
Duke787
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
approx age?

From my anecdotal evidence when I used to tend bar, younger (mostly men) would order Jack & some sort of soda, friends of mine included. As they got older, most dropped the soda and simply asked for the booze
Sounds like me to a T. In my early 20s I was a Jack and Diet Coke person (until I stopped drinking soda and then I switched to ginger).

Now in my late 20s I've dropped the soda in most instances though if it's a low quality whiskey/bourbon I still ask them to throw in a dash of ginger on the plane (on the ground I either wouldn't buy that bourbon/whiskey or would make it into a full cocktail).

Originally Posted by phillygold
Jack and Coke is pretty popular. I had a boss that would drink them nonstop. I've seen Diet Coke substituted into this drink as well. I must admit to never having seen Diet Dr Pepper.
I don't find this particularly strange. As noted Jack and Coke, Jack and Diet Coke, Jack and Ginger are all quite popular. Haven't seen Diet Dr. Pepper but I don't drink soda and never liked Dr. Pepper when I did but can see the appeal if a DDP fan.