FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Going to the airport just to use sizers?
View Single Post
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:38 am
lifeinspace

Originally Posted by SkyForce6
If this is crazy or not depend on how far away your airport is? 200 miles away then yes crazy hehe but if only 20 then sure just go ahead...^

No one at the airport is likely to care if you put your bag in the sizer. After all that is what they are for!

Here a couple of girls driving to the airport just to see if the bag would fit the Ryanair sizer...

Does a #ClaireaBella Suitcase... Fit into Ryan Airs very strict hand luggage guideline? Let's s - YouTube

What bag did you buy and what airlines are you interested in?
Haha that video is great! I can get to the airport on public transit in about 40 minutes and have an unlimited transit pass so it's not too bad.

I bought a Samsonite but it was from Marshalls so it's one of those made for Marshalls lines that can't be found on Google. I'm looking at Air Canada and any of the big airlines in the US (as they all seem to be the same) as those are the airlines I use the most. It seems that the bag meets the height requirement for the US but is .5" too tall for Air Canada and fits the width requirement for Air Canada but is about 1" too wide for US airlines so I'll be trying out a few sizers