FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex BA Premium Plus - new fee policy or a mistake???
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:38 am
Roger
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by Roger
Today's post brought the apology letter, dated 23 March.

I admit to being confused. Having received 2 online messages giving 100% different info, today's snailmail letter, in addition to offering sincere apologies (yeah, right) says inter alia:

So all's OK, then - my BAPP continues at £0 annual fee?

Well, no. Given that BA told me my PRG card was not a qualifying companion card, I was faced with paying £140 + £195 = £335 p.a. for the 2 cards. Not worth it for me, so I cancelled the PRG, received almost a year's fee refund and diarised cancellation of the BAPP for next February's renewal date.

I'm invited to call AmEx if I have any questions. Yes, I'd like the BAPP @ £0 p.a. and would like to renew the PRG to secure it. Do I do this now? I suppose it would be a new application. Or do I try in September (over 6 months since cancellation) and hope for a bonus?

Decisions, decisions! I'm inclined not to ask AmEx since their previous info was total bowlocks.
Well, I rang. They said they were opening a file and would call me back.

Three or so months later, I'm still waiting for the call and don't expect it.

Based on AmEx's admittedly curious first responses, I had cancelled my PRG and now do not feel like applying for another qualifying companion card. It looks like I'll be living without the BAPP in the future. It was nice while it lasted - over 24 years, can it be? - but the card and benefits are no longer what they were.

Perhaps I'll sleep on it ...