FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking reward tickets on EY partners with Etihad Guest Miles
Old Jun 20, 2017, 6:39 am
edy4eva

Originally Posted by gametitans
Wanted to book a redemption on jet airways from Mumbai to Dubai and after being on the phone for almost 35 mins the agent comes back with "JET doesnt fly from Mumbai to Dubai!!" and after explaining to the agent that jet has 6 or 7 flights a day she goes back to her "SUPERVISOR" who then assures me that jet doesnt fly on this sector. How these morons work for the airline is beyond me and what is more shocking is they actually believe that the customer is an idiot and they can feed them with all sorts of bullshi_!
Once I got an agent who insisted that Virgin Australia is NOT a partner airline and 'assured' me that redemptions are not possible. He went to say that the information on the website cannot be trusted because it may be out of date. I got the sense he was just taking his time on the call to show that he's working and didn't want to bother with attending to annoying client enquiries.

After cornering him and claiming that I will be lodging a complaint against this misinformation, he went to check and came back to say, yes VA is a partner but that particular route is not flown by VA but by their partner airline which was not a partner with EY- that's despite him pointing out there were redemption seats available (it was a VA flight by the way) but not bookable because Virgin Australia Regional Airlines was NOT a partner.

I asked him to try and book it to see whether it gets accepted not, he said he did try and the system said no. I asked him to do a long sell, he was puzzled as to how I was familiar with such a term before saying he is not allowed to do it.

The route was a simple CBR-SYD btw.

Argh. The days of frustration with EY guest are over for me anyhow, almost..

Last edited by edy4eva; Jun 20, 2017 at 6:48 am