View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2017, 6:27 pm
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by expert7700
Checkmarks are confirmed upgrades??

Not according to YYJ 20 minutes ago.

Today my wife, son, and I were on AC8076. Delayed (and 2 further connections) so we called in and concierge added us to standby for 8074. Showed up #1-3 of 14 uncleared/4 previously cleared per a screenshot.

10min later, when AC8074 check in deadline passed, all 3 of us had green checks next to our name. Score! Rushed to the airport, turned in rental car since we cleared standby. Skipped our early dinner plans w/friends nearby.

Got to gate near start of boarding. The 2 agents recognized our last name without having to even look at their system and said 'wrong flight, you are on AC8076'. I showed them the app and the green checkmarks. They insisted app only shows if we are ON a list, not of we made standby. They said sorry, full. I refreshed again, still several names with checkmarks including 2 that had previously below us (these checkmarked ones seemed to disappear one at a time--does this happen as those passengers board?). OUR names were completely gone from the list. Flight went out with only 3 names still listed as standby (uncleared). any insight other than the agent manually screwing over 3 SEs?

I persisted and did end up taking one no-show seat. My 2 SE100k family members are now waiting 90min+ in YYJ.
A checkmark means you've cleared. Sounds like they removed you for whatever reason. I'd write in about it.

When you board, you're removed from the list.

Also, if your flight's delayed, you have connections, and there's space on the earlier flight, I'd ask to be confirmed on it