FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Standby and Upgrade List
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2017, 5:51 pm
expert7700

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Checkmarks are confirmed upgrades??

Not according to YYJ 20 minutes ago.

Today my wife, son, and I were on AC8076. Delayed (and 2 further connections) so we called in and concierge added us to standby for 8074. Showed up #1-3 of 14 uncleared/4 previously cleared per a screenshot.

10min later, when AC8074 check in deadline passed, all 3 of us had green checks next to our name. Score! Rushed to the airport, turned in rental car since we cleared standby. Skipped our early dinner plans w/friends nearby.

Got to gate near start of boarding. The 2 agents recognized our last name without having to even look at their system and said 'wrong flight, you are on AC8076'. I showed them the app and the green checkmarks. They insisted app only shows if we are ON a list, not of we made standby. They said sorry, full. I refreshed again, still several names with checkmarks including 2 that had previously below us (these checkmarked ones seemed to disappear one at a time--does this happen as those passengers board?). OUR names were completely gone from the list. Flight went out with only 3 names still listed as standby (uncleared). any insight other than the agent manually screwing over 3 SEs?

I persisted and did end up taking one no-show seat. My 2 SE100k family members are now waiting 90min+ in YYJ.

Last edited by expert7700; Jun 19, 2017 at 6:15 pm