FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX arrival at TBIT transfer to AS domestic flight at T6
Old Jun 19, 2017, 10:05 am
PDXPremier
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
Yes. single ticket issued by AS phone agent a few months ago. The agent picked that for me I have no clue myself. Husband is coming in on an earlier CX flight arriving before noon. May be the agent is thinking the 4:20pm AS flight would be best to put both of us on, without thinking about the MCT. The system apparently allowed ticketing though.

I just checked, there are a 5:55pm. 6:55pm and a 7:55pm flight to SEA. So worst case AS could put me on one of those 3 flights if I miss the 4:20pm flight (F seat too but no big deal).

May be I need to call AS tomorrow to get this changed. The F is at 25K for the 5:55pm flight. Is it a saver?
If the 5:55pm is available in F at 25K, I would grab that in a heatbeat....this will give you extra time (you'll likely need) and if things go well and you have extra time, you can relax in the Alaska Lounge before the flight which is one of the benefits of the saver first ticket. I'm one of those people that can't stand to spend miles on a business or first ticket and then fly in Y on the connector flights even if they are only a few hours. I'm never in THAT much of a hurry to get somewhere if it means having to run through the terminal only to get stuck in some middle seat in the back when I was in F...no thanks....I'll wait...half the fun is getting there, right?