FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unable to receive incidental points with a prepaid booking
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:14 am
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Whether an FTer has posted in other threads to your or others' liking or not or says s/he won't post on FT again is irrelevant. Short of violating TOS, FTers are allowed to post & start threads & even post again after saying they won't. Your dislike of the FTer does not make his question not pertinent nor his request for advice unreasonable. You'll note that other FTers who have posted on this thread have been civil & provided their input/experiences - aka, provided actual input/advice vs. snark.

VinceChan didn't say he wasn't willing to contact Marriott to get it sorted manually. He had already contacted MRCS. He asked if this was the norm for prepaids & said he wouldn't be happy to have to take time from his day to request manual posting for every prepaid if it didn't post properly. I agree w/ him in that. I wouldn't like to do so either for every prepaid if it didn't post properly either.

Based on FTers input, it does sound like this was more a property hiccup. Hopefully it will get resolved easily. As I noted in the FTer's Spain situation, it took 2 months to get the points posted properly & multiple follow-ups, so it's not always just an easy 1-time phone call.

FWIW - I've thought for years there should be some type of points penalty (aka, small amount of points deposited into elite's account) when MAR screws up w/ points not posting properly, whether that be the overall stay points, PAG, incidentals or bonus points from promos. It takes time from elite's day/jobs to have to chase down & get corrected MAR's mistakes. Maybe if there was some type of penalty it would result in less errors, or at least make it worthwhile for elites to jump through hoops.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Jun 19, 2017 at 8:19 am