FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unable to receive incidental points with a prepaid booking
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:02 am
Srisarin
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Sorry, but I disagree.

Herein we have the same OP who has previously stated he would never again post on FT (if I recall correctly in the Hanoi thread because others would now agree with him) who complains now that he does not want to have to ask the hotel to manually adjust a posting - something others routinely due a few dozen times a year, especially when the PAG points aren't posted, but now it seems it's beneath this OP to ask for a manual adjustment because .....

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Your comment is inappropriate in my opinion. The OP encountered a situation & asked for input/advice, also asking if this is the norm rather than the exception. Your comment about horror is hyperbole.

As I mentioned in my response, we've had reports on FT where there have been prepaids not posting points correctly - or at all. I encountered it once in the UK myself (one of the few times I did a prepaid) & had to chase them down. I know another well-regarded FTer who prepaid a property in Spain & did not have any incidentals, & it took him 2 months of back/forth between him/Marriott/the property to finally get the points posted/night credit for his prepaid room.

It was suggested that folks do a minor spend on incidentals to trigger some type of folio. That seems to have worked in some instances, but not always.

Cheers.