FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unable to receive incidental points with a prepaid booking
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:22 am
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Srisarin
deleted, as frankly not worth the effort to respond to this one off incident that is made into the horror of having to ask a property to manually adjust a stay to obtain proper credit
Your comment is inappropriate in my opinion. The OP encountered a situation & asked for input/advice, also asking if this is the norm rather than the exception. Your comment about horror is hyperbole.

As I mentioned in my response, we've had reports on FT where there have been prepaids not posting points correctly - or at all. I encountered it once in the UK myself (one of the few times I did a prepaid) & had to chase them down. I know another well-regarded FTer who prepaid a property in Spain & did not have any incidentals, & it took him 2 months of back/forth between him/Marriott/the property to finally get the points posted/night credit for his prepaid room.

It was suggested that folks do a minor spend on incidentals to trigger some type of folio. That seems to have worked in some instances, but not always.

Cheers.