FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Accor Plus
Thread: Accor Plus
View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2017, 10:26 am
ahopkins767

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles
About downgrading status.

I was Accor+ and achieved Gold last year. I renewed this year and found myself in the situation where they opened me a new account and "released", if you like, my old Gold account to LCAH, and downgraded it to Silver.

After some pushing I had the new account closed, the old account reinstated to Accor+ with Gold status, valid for a year from renewal (not calendar).

When the Accor+ membership expires it seems to lock the account (you cannot book or redeem points through it). When it is "released" to LCAH you get an email. I did contact LCAH CS but Accor+ requisitioned the account before they could help.

I advise you go through Accor+ CS in your country. It seems they have tiers, whereby some countries report to others (so PHL reports to China, for example). If you are one of these lower tier countries it may take longer to resolve. Initially Accor+ said I wasn't entitled to keep my gold status but they backtracked on that eventually. It may take some time to get through and be prepared for some quirky English if you have to report through an non-English speaking hub.