FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Ban and how I scored the greatest deal in First !
Old Jun 17, 2017, 1:34 am
milesaddict

Programs: AF Plat Ultimate, BA GGL, MS Elite
Here is the report for my flight to Cairo.
For the full review:
www.youtripreport.com/Report/Flight/107

Flight # TK694
Seat : I was on 8D Exit row then 21E because of aircraft swap
Duration : 2h00
Aircraft : Airbus A321
Date : 06/08/2017

After my flight from Marseille I quickly made my way to the lounge, I had to eat my pides…

The lounge is great but tends to get overcrowded easily. When you see the constant flow of passengers leaving or arriving, it feels like a subway station.

Few pics from the lounge:

The billiard where I had one game with a South African guy before I left for my flight.

TK put the Japanese cuisine on the front. With a Japanese chef, the result was fine although I was expecting a bigger spread with Sushi, Miso soup for example. Anyway it worth the shot to capture Japanese passengers.

The pides Chef. One thing amazes me whenever I come to the lounge is the long queue to get the pides.

My choices:

Turkish Airlines also provides massage, I cut my head because I looked like a trash.

Fast forward, it was time to leave the great lounge and go to the boarding gate. It was a mess. With no priority and a lot of passengers coming from Doha.

Boarding was done by bus. I was a bit upset to have my seat changed to the back of the plane and now I’m stuck in the middle seat. The good thing is my Egyptian seatmates were funny. One was living in USA (we discussed about the POTUS and the new French President lengthy). This other one from Cairo passionate about soccer, unfortunately he supports the wrong team in France!!!

Not a bad legroom after all.

45 minutes after departure, a hot cheese and tomato sandwich was served. It’s always the same but it’s tasty.

We landed on time, after a long walk, I met my guy from Novotel airport hotel and I was on my way to my room. On my previous stay in Cairo which was last month, I treated myself Le Méridien located in Terminal 3. Aside from the lovely pool, I can’t help to think for a short stay paying $189 for Le Méridien it’s overpriced, hence I’m back to Novotel. I don’t mind staying in luxury hotels but with my wife.

TK is a safe bet for your flights.
I would pick TK whenever it's possible to taste the pides again.

Even for a short flight, they give a sandwich and yet it's very good. On the other hand BA removed the little snack...

Next part: British Airways Club World to London.