FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Earning points for multiple rooms [Master Thread]
Old Jun 16, 2017, 7:52 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by sscywong
Sorry that I've this situation and would like to ask what I should be expecting:

I booked 5 rooms under my name at our contracted rate, 4 rooms for my clients for 3 nights, one for myself for 4 nights

Should I expect to have 3 x 2 + 4 (my room) = 10 nights and starpoints calculated based on 2 highest spending 3 nights rooms + my room credited to my account? Currently the hotel credited 9 nights and credited starpoints based on the 3 highest spending 3 nights rooms and ignored my room which has 1 more night and much higher spending (as all the F&B are booked under my room)

Thanks
I'm not surprised they chose the room combination that provides the fewest points. I'm not sure if the computer is doing that or someone at the property. However, contact research at SPG and layout what you want credited (within the rules of course) and I'll bet you will get it.

My personal approach is to not give them the choice. If booking more rooms than I should be getting credit, then I split the reservations with other SPG accounts (if any travelling with me) and make sure all charges are put on my room. There's no reason to leave any credit on the table if you can help it.

Last edited by RogerD408; Jun 16, 2017 at 7:57 am