FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Others not obsessed with "Packing Light?"
Old Jun 15, 2017, 6:50 pm
ryan-twob

yikes

Sorry didn't mean to strike such a nerve with a couple of these replies. I generalized I guess but I think it was that website that made me think it was a Badger of Honor type thing... it was hard selling me on packing light which I thought was strange. Not sure what horse that website has in the race. Also, no guy's father-in-law has looked at his son-in-law's 24 inch roller bag and said "Wow, I'm impressed, you packed sensibly for your trip" but I guarantee one has looked at an 18-incher and said "Wow, you packed so efficiently/light/etc."

So, not trolling really, but a 14 year tenure on FT does not equate to taking up residence. A quick search on the topic did not yield a directly correlating thread. I was really looking for thoughts as to what I am missing in the equation... and to be quite honest the 60 min bag drop cut off is one I had not considered. I could definitely cut it tighter to the departure time and save some time if I did not have to meet that. Not sure if that tips the scale for me as I guess I am an 'options' packer.

So, no stress to those who prefer the lighter packing option...I still won't recline my seat on you in economy.