FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - +Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free
Old Jun 15, 2017, 4:15 pm
paffendorf

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
Originally Posted by 380fanatic
Howdie - my gf and I are going to be in DOH for 2 nights, as was wondering if anyone had any luck booking back to back hotel stays through this program? I don't see anything specific in the FAQs or terms that would prevent this, but would like to know if anyone has successfully done so.

Our tickets were purchased together, so I'm fearful they might not honor the second night, at which point I'd have rather done the $50 second night package. I know it is only $50, but if we each get a hotel then we might as well put that towards F&B.
Originally Posted by remdk
380fanatic welcome to the QR forum.

https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.c...s/PLUSQATARTNC says
"Qatar Airways E-ticket number is required to be entered at the payment page. Maximum of one booking is allowed per E-ticket number."

If you have the same E-ticket number (PNR) for both of you then no it is not possible.

If they are two separate PNRs then it may be possible. But remember "Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking." !
These may prohibit what you are trying to do. We just do not know!
You could get into a situation where you have to pay for the second night yourselves, and USD 50 saved could become a much larger amount spent.

Since hotel bookings are non refundable, non changeable and non cancellable, by you, you need to decide if you will pay USD 50 for a two night stay or try for two one night stays with the risk of having to pay the hotels standard rate for the second night if DISCOVER QATAR will not pay for the second night.

You might be lucky because DISCOVER QATAR appears to take the rules very lightly!
Originally Posted by remdk
380fanatic I am under the impression that your E-ticket number is your reservation PNR.
The Free Visa application requires your PNR! I think that the use of E-ticket number is just Discover Qatar being a little confused as to what is what! Hopefully those who have already used this offer can tell us.

To me the flight ticket numbers are just numbers and probably the last remaining evidence of paper tickets! They still have their uses but determining if a passenger qualifies for a stopover or not is not really one of them. Some even called them Flight vouchers!

That is the reason I urge caution.
Originally Posted by Calchas
An e-ticket is a financial document that must obey a proper audit trail. It proves to Discover Qatar that you actually did buy a ticket and that Qatar has sold you a ticket.

Relying on PNRs for this could cause difficulties, if a travel agent set up a ticketless PNR and then cancelled it later, is the hotel really going to stay in sync with that?
Originally Posted by 380fanatic
Thanks again for the quick response, I went all the way through with a booking and they do indeed ask for the E ticket number, in fact the first three numbers are pre-populated for you, so doesn't look to be the PNR (like the visa).

That being said, it sounds like on paper I have a valid claim, however they could easily axe it under one of their catch all disclaimers. Assuming no one else has any insight over the next day or so I intend to reach out to Discover Qatar.
Hi there,
I'm another one really curious about this matter.
I think that ETKT is the data requested... since - in example - you could split different tickets originally booked together into different PNRs.
Anyway I don't think I'm so penny-pinching to verify that (I've had done that just to try different properties).

Finally, the real question (sorry if it was already answered and I didn't notice it): do you have to apply for the visa before booking the hotel, or you can start booking hotel and then you have just to remember to apply and obtain visa?

Thanks in advance.
L