FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Low-Cost Airline Survey/Questionnaire
View Single Post
Old Jun 15, 2017, 1:01 pm
ursine1

Originally Posted by sdsearch
The first thing to keep mind is that most people don't know what "LCC" means or what an "LCC" is. It's an industry term related to the low cost of operation, not to the price of fares.

So I bet a lot of people will be confused about why you're asking about these "low-cost" airlines, since a lot of people won't understand their relationship (or will mis-understand that you're asking about "cheap" airlines, while Southwest for example is often these days more expensive in fares than one or more of th 3 legacy airlines in some markets).

You also mixed up the "traditional" LCCs with the ULCCs. As a group, I would never willingly fly the ULCCs, even though I might fly the "traditional" LCCs. You may get misleading answers to your survey because of this lack of distinction.

Furthermore, Frontier used to be a "traditional" LCC, but has morhped in the last couple years into a ULCC. If your questions about Frontier aren't qualified by how recently people flew it, they could be invalid IMHO!

Meanwhile, Virgin America is in the process of merging with Alaska Airlines, which is not at all an LCC. So Virgin is slowly "losing its LCCness" in the merger process.
Did you even look at the survey?