FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2017 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:40 pm
nesnith

Originally Posted by ORDPLATAA
Somehow I feel getting my compensation will be a struggle:

1. Flew YVR-LHR on May 26th

2. Arrived May 27th to find onward LHR-JNB flight cancelled. Secured hotel in London, saved receipts for HEX, Meals, Hotel

3. Rebooked and flew LHR-JNB on May 28th and then completed rest of journey.

4. Returned to US on May 30th

5. Submitted claim on June 1st with receipts for expenses and for EC261

6. Spoke to representative June 9th and agent confirmed receipt of
documents and all of the amounts I had entered. Said it would be a few more days and they are trying to complete process as quickly as possible

7. Yesterday (June 14th) I receive an email from BA Customer service with a new case number responding to an email (that I didn't send) and asking me to resubmit all of the documentation. I mean, really, why wouldn't they just cross reference the booking number / ticket number that I provided on EVERYTHING before asking me for information as if I hadn't done anything. Responded back with the two pending case numbers asking them specifically what they need for me to do. I am not going to resubmit everything and then have to wait another two weeks nor do I want to "double submit" on claims and then get it caught up and have them think I am trying to defraud them.

Still have no idea how some folks have been making a single phone call and getting their reimbursements back in 3-4 days.

Grrrrr.
I submitted my claim via BA's website on June 3, and have not received any response whatsoever besides the email confirmation with a case number. I would consider your situation being much better than mine at this point.

p.s. I am only claiming EU261 compensation with no other expenses claimed.