FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MSP "Escape Lounge" open
View Single Post
Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:06 pm
bj27

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Originally Posted by DCFinanceinFlight
I noticed a clear downturn when I was there earlier in June. Went on a Tuesday, no one working the entrance, had to go hunt for someone to check us in.

No more Perrier small bottles available, bartender would be absent for periods of time to refill food or check people in. Maybe because it was a Tuesday, but for trying to sell the "premium experience" it was lacking. Hopefully this improves when leaving PP.
Yes.. I noticed that they had switched the Fiji to Dasani and no Perrier was available... though there was not even any water available.

Everything was empty except for a forlorn cold case of wilted lettuce. It was quite sad and I didn't know you could feel a tinge of emotion deep down about an airport lounge.... But I did feel bad for the staff running around.

One gal who was trying to clean tables said to me: "I don't even work here.... I work downstairs at another vendor but they need so much help in here."

It was quite interesting to see the new crowd at the bar -- much more rowdy, trying to get drunk-type (aka ordering shots) rather than the quiet, frequent business-traveler who was just grabbing a beer that I observed last year.