FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who are the ugly DMs?
View Single Post
Old Jun 15, 2017, 9:47 am
Psychiatrist

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
It's interesting to read about requesting food from a higher class - in the years as a GO/DM one thing I've done quite frequently is ask for food from a lower class ...

I often fly J and there's nothing I like (I don't eat seafood and I hate the beef in J) ... so at times I've asked for what's available in Y. A few times they forgot to take my order ahead of time so the only main course left was the fish/prawns.

In my recent flights on F, there was nothing I wanted on the menu. Again, I don't eat seafood (which includes caviar / lobster / kaiseki ...) and on a few occasions I've asked if there were leftovers from J, preferably chicken or pork. They usually try to plate it nicely for me but sometimes I just tell them to give me the ceramic main course tray from J.

I do ask nicely whenever I want food from another (lower) class and they appear to comply with my requests. Does that count as abusing my DM privileges?