FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Past incident with elderly United passenger in Houston leads to lawsuit
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:10 pm
wolf72
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by FlyngSvyr
I am being serious. Maybe its because I am very proactive & take care of myself & anticipate any problems that may arise. I guess in that sense I am self loading freight. Flyertalk (the one before this UA bashing craze) taught me how to take care of myself within the UA system & I have done well.

The few minor issues I have had, I just roll with it and end up on the other side OK. Maybe there will be a day when I am seeing RED & am truly wronged by someone working for UA. If it happens, I will be sure to post on FT so someone can learn from it and others can offer feedback on how to avoid in the future. I just won't come on here to "pile on" with stories about quitting UA 5 years ago for some real or perceived indignation. I don't see how that is productive to the FT mission.

All this being said, I am not defending UA for this incident. The video evidence it pretty clear & this the employee needed to be charged (he was) & fired (probably was).

Many of the other comments on these type of threads are just people projecting their own anti UA biases onto the incident. I am pretty sure that UA does not promote physically assaulting their passengers. Insisting that they do and it is "cultural" is a reach.
So, the Dr.Dao incident was one off and so was the initial response from the CEO blaming the passenger and not his staff, the working culture within the organization as being anti-consumer, nor the unions who hired the employees nor the fact he failed as a CEO in ensuring clear cut guidelines to all staff to reflect HIS values and his expectations as CEO?

Right. Whatever.