FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017-2019
Old Jun 14, 2017, 5:10 pm
gotkwah

Can you refer yourself for a different Business?

I have an Ink+ for Business #1 and I want to get an Ink Preferred for Business #2 . Can I use one of my 20k referrals for myself and get 80k when i open the card? (if it matters, both are REAL business with EINs and Business #2 has had an existing chase SW credit card for the last 3+yrs. )

I know the other option is to go in to a branch and open the card that way to just get 100k but I am trying to open at least one more card the same day and feel like if i do one in branch and one online i might end up with 2 inquiries instead of just one? (maybe this is not true?)

Old cards:
-Freedom (open for 7+ yrs)
-SW Bus Premier (under REAL Business #1 ) that was opened 3-4 yrs ago.

New Opened in Jan 2017: (all applied for on same day with one inquiry)
-CSR
-SW+
-Ink+ (for Business #2 -also a real business with EIN, etc) -these are only cards opened in last 24 so i am either 2/24 or 3/24 depending on whether the Ink+ counts

I need to open a 2nd SW card to get my companion pass, and I also want to open an Ink Preferred (going to do this under existing Business #1 ) & Freedom unlimited on same day to try avoid a 2nd inquiry.

Couple questions:
1) Can you refer yourself for a bonus under a different Business? I want to refer myself from my Ink+ card (Bus #2 ) for the Ink Preferred that i will apply for under Bus #1 . Will i get 20k bonus points?
2) Whats the best App strategy here? I know i am testing the 5/24 by going for the 3rd card, i am hoping that one of the business cards wont count. I NEED the SW card so i will apply for that first obviously, but I am worried that the Ink wont be instantly approved (although since its a business that Chase knows already maybe it will?), and then if i apply for the Freedom and get approved then I will have a hard time getting them to approve the Ink which i want for the UR pts.
3) Should I skip the referral and do the SW online and then go into a branch to do the Ink? will that result in 2 inquiries if i do it on the same day? Should i apply for the Freedom Unlimited in branch then or go back online?
4) should I do all the apps in person at a branch?

I know this is a lot. Thanks in advance for the expertise!

Last edited by philemer; Jun 15, 2017 at 7:20 pm