FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017-2019
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:15 am
philemer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by jackal
Applied for an Ink Cash for a new business and got the 30-day message.

I have three other Chase cards (legacy UA VI Signature Platinum Class, MP Explorer, and Chase Freedom). I had been considering moving the CL from the Explorer to another card and then closing it, and then downgrading the legacy UA card (one of my oldest accounts), but I had read elsewhere that Chase does a hard pull when you call to ask about moving CL around, and so I was originally going to wait to do that until after getting approved for the Ink Cash (to avoid the hard pull affecting anything).

So now that I'm in 30-day limbo, should I go ahead and proactively take care of the changes (thus lowering the number of open cards I have with Chase and probably lowering my overall CL as well), which might either make the analyst approve my card or help me if I do have to call reconsideration later, or should I leave things be for now (and maybe use those as negotiating tools if I have to call reconsideration later)?

Definitely not subject to 5/24 (I think I might have one new card in the last 2 years? Two at most), but the fact it's a new business might be making them slightly suspicious. (Yes, I applied with my real EIN [and then my personal SSN on the subsequent page], and I can supply sales tax certificates and all that if they end up asking.)

Oh, one other thing--I do have LifeLock and typically get a phone call almost within minutes of an inquiry. No phone calls from them yet, and it's been about an hour since I applied. So either LL is being slow or Chase hasn't yet run my credit.
Do not make any changes.

Business cards don't show on your cr. report so LifeLock won't see it.

Personally, I'd call them today and ask what questions they have and then, if not approved, offer to move some of your CL around or lastly, offer to close a card.